Thursday 1 December 2011

Post 16 Magazine

What I had to do this week:
This week in media, I had to start making my own magazine front page and contents page for Harris Academy Beckenham sixth form. Firstly I had to take my own photos for the magazine and make up a name for the magazine, Then I had to use what I learn in class in In-Design and ideas from other professional magazines to make my own one.
The colours I used I tried and match the HABE theme which is red and blue as well I used white.

The problems:
The problems that I occurred during this task were the program that I had to use to make this magazine. The problems I had with In-Design is knowing where the tools were and what each one does and how it can make my magazine better. The other problems I had was trying to get the right blend with the type of writing and the images that I took with the colour that I was going to use for the background and the writing

The front Page;my first attempt:


The Contents Page:
 As well as making my front cover for the magazine I also made a contents page for it. On this you will see  pictures that I took as well as information of all the topics that's going to be on each page. Again I tried to keep to the same colours that I used which was blue,red and white.

The problems with creating the contents page:
The problems that I had with creating the contents page was the layout of the page, as I struggled to know where I should put the information and what sort of style it should be, as well as the colours being used on the page as I wanted to link it to my front page. I also had problems with what images that I should use as I wanted to refer back to what my actual magazine is about and trying to fill up the space that I had lefted
Contents page below:



3 comments:

  1. Nice use of colours Danny good front page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny, you need to be more analytical in your entries. You need to be more detailed. What were your problems? How did you solve them?
    What did you learn?
    Please improve the grammar and punctuation too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you shaped the image in the context page, good job

    ReplyDelete