Wednesday 14 December 2011

This Week in Media

This week in media we had to do a presentation to the rest of the class. In the presentation we was presenting our post 16 magazine front cover and contents page. Where I had to talk about why I used the style that I did, why did I use the colours that I did. Then the rest of the group had to give me feedback on how they think it went, what was good about my magazine design and what could be improved.

Feedback:

What went well?
  • Good use of colour- use the Harris Academy Beckenham colours (red,blue)
  • front page set out well. Also the contents page
  • An attractive front cover and contents page
  • Use the same colour for front cover and contents
  • The front cover theme match's contents page
What could be improved?
  • The text used is not big enough on the front page. Increase the size
  • Use more key words and talk about what I learnt from my research
  • Made the text more clearer and larger
  • Make the sell point the main focus and stand out from other subheadings
My Conclusion:

I think that the feedback that I was given by my class mates was helpful, as they noticed the areas where I went wrong and the way I could improve it ,for an example they talked about the size of the font that I used and next time I should make the font bigger and more clearer, they said the ways I could do this is by printing the front cover out to see what It would look like close up as a magazine with this help I will take into account the feedback when im doing my next task. I think next time when I have to start making my music magazine, I have to do more reasearch before hand and spot out the key aspects that magazines use to drew in their target audience with this help I could make my magazine look even more professional. I also feel in my Christmas holiday I should do reasearch on the computer or even reading a magazine and just get the main details that the magazine uses.

1 comment:

  1. But what are you actually going to improve? What do you need to do to ensure your main task is successful?

    ReplyDelete